What is Voyager?
Voyager organizes all of your GIS data, maps and web mapping services into a powerful search index. Once indexed you can quickly find what you're looking for. You can also use the index to audit your system and create a portal that you can share with your team, across the enterprise or even as a public website.
Why should I use Voyager?
Voyager improves productivity by saving users time. It also promotes the reuse of data and other infrastructure that is expensive to establish and costly to maintain.
Voyager fits into your existing workflows by not requiring metadata (improved when metadata exists). Because of this it's easy to plug into your existing system.
Voyager's intuitive interface (easy visual/graphical browsing experience) makes GIS more approachable to engineers, surveyors, emergency responders and other professionals who are often not familiar with GIS data formats and other specialized software.
Voyager serves as the modern antidote to GIS information overload.
Who's using it?
For day-to-day GIS users, Voyager can help you improve productivity by quickly finding resources so that you can spend more time focusing on the task at hand.
Owners of GIS resources can use Voyager to audit their system and improve their spatial data infrastructure by finding duplicate datasets, items without metadata, even slowly performing maps and much more. Once issues are found Voyager can help you fix them using easy to author geoprocessing workflows.
Does your organization need to share data? With Voyager you can publish a portal in a few simple steps.
How does it work?
Voyager uses ESRI software to open map documents, data sources and web services to index their content. Once found the information is stored in Voyager's master index where it can be queried using a web-based interface or by other programs using simple APIs.
The Voyager index can run on your local computer (for single user access) or it can run on a server for shared access in a portal environment.
Can I try it?
Yes, we hope that you'll take voyager for a test drive. Simply download a free copy of Voyager.
Not interested? Tell us why and we'll work on it!
If there's a feature that you would like to see, or just something that we can do better please let us know by typing your thoughts into the comment box below and we'll see what we can do...
Key Features Include
- Builds a spatial data portal in just a few clicks
- Quick installation and setup
- Automatically catalogs all your data
- Supports all ESRI data formats, document types and servers (IMS, SDE, ArcGIS Server)
- Makes your data available through clip-n-zip data download
- Fits into existing workflows with or without XML metadata
- Share data using open standards
- Easily scales across your enterprise
- Explore the index using text search, spatial queries and faceted browsing
- Automatically create missing metadata
- Find datasets with an unknown spatial reference
- Locate duplicate datasets
- Determine which maps and data are most commonly used
- Fix common problems using easy to author geoprocessing workflows